Abstracts, Semi-Abstracts, Watercolours, Acrylics, Mixed-Media.White Rock, British Columbia, Canada ✩ Soothe your soul! *All content © 2006-2017 Works available at StudioGaleria by appointment, located in uptown White Rock, B.C. Canada

Friday, January 11, 2008

The secret behind the paintings...

=
=
It was not until Alex Browne Art Editor at the Peace Arch News (also known as Alexander Browne, the playwright) asked me about "the meaning" behind my paintings, while interviewing me for a newspaper article last Spring, introducing the "Flights of Fancy" collection, that I gave that angle a serious thought.

As I looked at each one of the paintings in preparation for the interview, I recalled the state of mind, soul an body I found myself in when painting them, I realized (to my surprise!) that there was indeed a "secret life" to them... a meaning deeper than "met the eye" and even I was aware of at the time.

While they all were indeed products of "flights of fancy" (free, spontaneous expressions) they were all emotion leaden and an absolute metaphor for life - the life passage I was transversing at the time...
=
As it appers that it appears the whirlwind of activity is slowing down and I will be focusing almost entirely on the "Sacred Feminine" project, I will make time and re-post each work individually with an explanation of its "origin and meaning".
It will be interesting to hear what your take is!
=
=

No comments: