Abstracts, Semi-Abstracts, Watercolours, Acrylics, Mixed-Media.White Rock, British Columbia, Canada ✩ Soothe your soul! *All content © 2006-2017 Works available at StudioGaleria by appointment, located in uptown White Rock, B.C. Canada

Friday, January 11, 2008

The Secret Behind the Painting

"Energy"

= =
This is one of the first watercolour paintings that I was attempting, experimenting with in August of 2006.
This is a wet- on - wet execution...
Which brings smiles on as I think about the process.
I wanted to convey the energy and power of the chakras.
=
Although seldom chakra power is referred to as "explosive" power, as I was dipping into these primary colour I was feeling the exploding potency of each colour taking over as it run, puddled and seeped into the paper.
=
At one point they acquired a life of their own and, the red very symbolically "took over", flowing outward to the edges as it "turned" into a golden diffusion.
=
Red is the colour of the first chakra (energy centre) - of beginnings, vitality, courage, self-confidence - everything that needs to be connected, needs the life vitality of red!
=
The spontaneous run off into orange that turned into the lovely golden/amber hues at the ("North and South") edges of the painting represent the second and third chakras - money, sex, power, confidence and self-esteem, clarity, wisdom - this colours connect us to our senses and help remove inhibitions and make us independent and social and, it is believed, they enhance our ability to perceive and understand!
=
This is a small painting that looks and feels, absolutely loaded and huge.
I kept it for myself as one of my signature paintings from the get-go.
It spoke (shouted?) of my deep wants and needs to "explode" into a new life cycle.
I still find myself looking at it in awe and feeling its power prompting me to expand, evolve... it is definitely a strongly motivating and empowering image - as of today, it sits on my desk.
=

P.S.:
I am just beginning to research the symbology allocated to the cardinal points... :)
=

4 comments:

Pauline said...

Thank you for the explanation. This is very pleasant to read as I have just completed Reiki One. I find it most relaxing. Please do keep your powerful painting upon your desk for it feeds you with those unseen energies. Sending a smile your way ☺

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
I call it the soul of the sun...crying ...

Nasra

Alicia M B Ballard StudioGaleria said...

Hello Pauline
So kind, nice of you to leave a message here as I have been around this blog most of the time - for obvious reasons....

(Big HUg)

Alicia M B Ballard StudioGaleria said...

A very interesting - poigniant take dear Nasra - definitely that of a poet!
:)